Saturday, January 8, 2011

Stewardship Saturday

For 2 years now I've been trying to focus on being a good steward of my God given assets, and that is how I intend to define my own personal priorities now that I'm ready to get back to goals and growing.

Therefore I have my own version of the 101 Things to Do in 1001 Days, it's my 40 Stewardship Steps for 2011. And here they are:

Stewardship of My Finances
His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness! -- Matthew 25:21
Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful. -- 1 Corinthians 4:2
1. Before buying anything new first consider reusing/recycling something we already have.
2. Smarter money management, putting money towards highest interest $ (both paying off and savings).
3. Give more tithe than we already give.
4. Cap my Stampin’ Up! expenses to 50% of 2010 expenditures.

Stewardship of My Home
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies....She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family.....She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks..... She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Psalm 31:10-27
5. Schedule a small Fly Lady tactic every day, to maintain a tidy & welcoming home without a LOT of effort.
6. Establish a list of at least 60 staple recipes and rotate in a 12 month menu, to make homemade meals easier, hubbies favorites more frequent, but with room to try new food.
7. Make as much food from scratch as possible to avoid unnecessary preservatives & packaging (i.e. broth, bread, soup, mac n’ cheese, pizza, ‘canning’). I feel the reason is best said by Mennonite Girls Can Cook "It is about taking God's Bounty, and co-creating the goodness from God's creation into something that we can bless our family and friends with, to help sustain our health and energy." (NTKOG)
8. Improve yard, and make more room for hosting, by installing brick patio, add BBQ pit & replace broken sidewalk.
9. Finish improvements to upstairs bathroom, making it more welcoming & user friendly.

Stewardship of My Body
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
10. Create a list of weekly weight loss motivators/challenges to last through year.
11. Lose 20lbs and maintain that weight.
12. Try a Zumba class to make being active enjoyable again.
13. Create/maintain a better daily hygiene routine, my body is not just percent of fat.

Stewardship of My Earth
Then God said, "Look! I have given you .... green plant as food for all the wild animals, the birds in the sky, and the small animals that scurry along the ground—everything that has life.” Genesis 1:29-30
For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God. Romans 8:20-21

14. Assist composting with making room in yard for bigger pile and get a kitchen caddy to store compost inside.
15. Grow my own vegetables, fruit, herbs or purchase from Farmer’s Market.
16. Have a 100 mile meal once a month.
17. Use organic/natural herbicides & pesticides.
18. Find 3 more ‘One Million Acts of Green’ I can try

Stewardship of My Talents/Purpose
There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work. 1 Corinthians 12:4-6
His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness! -- Matthew 25:21

19. Blog truth insights I receive.
20. Start focusing on developing my other creative tendancies other than papercrafts (poems, jewellery, decor, crochet), making an attempt at one every other month.
21. Capture memories in scrapbooks (those already started) and photobooks (for those not already started), finishing at least one of each.
22. Continue at least one entry per journal per month (creative, gratitude, wisdom).

Stewardship of My Communities
Jesus went on through towns and villages...and the Twelve were with Him, and also some women .... who ministered to and provided for Him and them out of their property and personal belongings. Luke 8:1-3
He poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him. John 13:5
23. Set aside at least 2 hrs per week for quality time with Sean, not including date nights.
24. Donate blood at least once.
25. Volunteer to help someone with something they can’t do for themselves at least twice per year.
26. Babysit one or some of my nieces/nephew(s) at least once.
27. Organize/host at least one gathering of friends every other month.
28. Invite at least two couples from Church into our home for a meal.
29. Volunteer in mentorship opportunities at Church.

Stewardship of My Growth
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful..... No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. John 15:2-4

30. Step out of my comfort zone, and any time I get a case of ‘that’s not me’s’, attempt to try whatever it is anyway. (NTKOG)
31. Learn to play guitar. (NTKOG)
32. Read all non-fiction books on my shelf (6).
33. Improve my photography skills.
34. Media fast one day per month.
35. Keep up prayer journal and bible study blog.

Stewardship of Living My Life
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens...a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance.... Ecclesiastes 3:1-4
36. Read to relax and be entertained in a healthy way.
37. Take a trip with hubby to Las Vegas, maximum fun for minimum bucks :).

38. Go to at least one Folklorama pavilion.
39. Go out on the town by myself (art gallery, symphony, ballet, spa, film) 3 times. (NTKOG)
40. Take at least 4 hours per month to pamper myself in some way (paint nails, bath, shop).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...