Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday 5

1. Where have you been that could best be described as a winter wonderland?
I live in in a winter wonderland minimum 4 months of the year! On just the right morning, after freshly fallen snow or hoarfrost, and the ice crystals are just hanging in the air shimmering, and all the elms over-arching our street are covered in perfectly painted snow and ice, and everything looks clean and crisp, covered in pure whiteness. You can forget about the winter and just focus on the wonderland on mornings like that.


2. In what way might you describe this as the winter of your discontent?
Ha. Funny this is the question I get, now that the winter of my discontent is actually over (just barely). It was the winter of my discontent because it was my first winter with the realization that this holiday season and all the ones to come will likely never include my own children. The period from when I first realized this was last spring and lasted until late December, and I had actually just proclaimed that period to be the winter of my soul. But now, spring has come early, to my soul that is.

3. What was the last wintergreen-flavored thing you tasted?
Gum.  I didn't know it was a flavor of anything else.

4. Is there anyone in your life who could be nicknamed Old Man Winter?
There really aren't that many old men in my life to choose from, but considering the image 'Old Man Winter' conjures up for me is white/grey hair and cranky, I guess the 'new guy' down the hall from me at work is the closest since he meets both criteria. He transferred to our office from another branch so that he could semi-retire near family, so that's why he's new, but he's certainly got the old man hair, and attitude to go with it. Didn't even bother to care about getting his wife a Christmas present! He's even self proclaimed scroogy!

5. Now that the holidays have passed, is there anything good about the winter that remains?
About winter itself...not really other than the potential for a few more mornings that look like my description in #1.  Since you asked for anything good, I'll stay positive and not list all the reasons I can't find anything else good ;)

Thanks Friday 5, best question meme I've come across in awhile.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...