Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What's on the Table Tuesday

Here are this week's 5 meals, one of each meat type, with some additional notes to add to what I've already mentioned in my meat breakdown:

Monday - Leftovers
Apparently even with my attempt at pre-packaging smaller proportions I already had some leftovers that needed eating, so no meal plan menu Monday. 

Tuesday - Chicken
Shake n’ Bake Almond Chicken
Another quick meal for Tuesday, the chicken is already pre-cooked, and it's a homemade shake n' bake that Sean loves.  I made brown rice last week so I can quickly make this Mushroom and Almond Rice Pilaf, keeping the almond theme going. And I love roasted asparagus with almonds as well, so that will make for a nice veggie.

Wednesday - Pork
Root Beer Roasted Ribs (Boneless)
Mmmmmm, I love ribs! My only beef is that there is usually too much bone and not enough meat.  And Sean isn't a fan of having to dig his meat from between bones, so I decided to make ribs boneless! To me they are just like ribs but better, the key is cooking it like ribs and not just pork in BBQ sauce.  AND I get to use my birthday present from my cousin Pam....mmmm....raspberry chipotle sauce!  I'm serving this with sweet potato fries and Italian-Marinated Vegetable Salad.
 
Thursday - Beef
Leader's Pie
This is another all-in-one dish that hubby co-created....he came up with the idea and I made it happen :)  It's kind-of got a hamburger helper casserole vibe, but with spinach, mushrooms and potatoes it's much healthier and heartier.

Friday - Turkey
Curry Turkey 
This one is an old family favorite my mom used to make.  I love curry, but Sean isn't a big fan usually, so I think I'm going to try to find some red curry, which is a bit sweeter and he can tolerate, and try that instead of the yellow/green curry mom used. If not, I will make my half with curry and Sean's half with his choice of spice/sauce. Garden fresh carrots are a great side, takes the edge off the curry a little.

Here is the host blog of Titus 2sdays, a great place for house-wifery and godly woman(wife)hood!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...