Sunday, April 21, 2013

Follow Every Rainbow

So today was the 2nd Sound of Music production I've seen with my family in 6.5 weeks. We love Sound of Music.  It's a Christmas movie tradition since as long as I can remember. In each production we know exactly when they go off script (as each theater group tends to do to make it their own). In each production we're tempted to sing along, knowing each song by heart.

But I was struck by the words of one song in a way I had never before. Seriously, I've had this movie memorized for about 30 years. Maybe it's because it's my least favorite song in the movie.  But as they sang these lines today, I was in awe:

"Follow every rainbow,
Till you find your dream
A dream that will need
All the love you can give,
Every day of your life,
For as long as you live."


I felt God telling me to keep following the rainbow and I would find my dream.

A rainbow, His symbol of promise. A symbol I have latched on to a significant portion of my life, it wasn't just Bible history, I knew it meant promises for me personally. Although, before this year, I had never attached it to any specific promise from God, it was just a beautiful masterpiece of nature I had always adored because I love colour and that work of art encompassing all colours has always just been meaningful and uplifting to me. It always helped me see there would be better days ahead. It always brings me peace and a smile.

But this time, a rainbow was very specific. This is my story of my rainbow promise. 

Now I ended that post with re-inflated hope. Almost 2 months have passed since and the air has been leaking out slowly. Not hope lost. But hope waned. Those winds of hope had died down and my heart was gently drifting back to earth. Back to my reality. Hearing those lyrics though. It was like I was hearing them for the first time. And a huge gust of wind blew through me again, my heart swelled!

Then.
My same friend who saw the sundogs texted me last night. I had just shared last week in our small group that I'm so unsure of what to hope for. That maybe this promise of children had been misinterpreted. I wasn't doubting the message but what I had determined it to be. So she texted me last night to tell me, God confirmed with her that I will have a baby, it shall come to pass (she hears 'in scripture' frequently). What timing!!

And so, I will continue to follow my rainbow in hope. I will follow it until I have a dream that will need all the love I can give, for as long as I live.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...