Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Like Johnny & June


One of our favorite love songs is a little one hit wonder by Heidi Newfield - Johnny & June, based on of course, the love story of Johnny & June Cash.


Here are just some of the lyrics that really hit home with us.

I wanna love like Johnny & June
Rings of fire burnin' with you
I wanna walk the line walk the line
Till the end of time

I wanna love love ya that much
Cash it all in give it all up
And when you're gone i wanna go too
Like Johnny & June

I wanna hold you baby right or wrong
Build a world around a country song
Pray a sweet prayer follow you there
Down in history

More than life itself no one else
This endless promise
They don't make love like that anymore
Is that too much to be askin' for?

And when we're gone there'll be no tears to cry
Only memories of our lives
They'll remember remember
A love like that


Looking back at the eight years we've already had, rings of fire and all, I know our love is that kind of love that will last, going down in history. Happy Anniversary Sean, I love you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...