Saturday, August 25, 2012

Raising Beautiful Daughters

I joined my husband on the last night of a summer Bible study he was attending on a night I'm usually busy, and I really enjoyed it, I really like the way this pastor teaches, and I love learning alongside my hubby.

There was one passage he used to support something else he was saying, and he emphasized this verse, Psalm 144: 12 - "Then our sons in their youth will be like well-nurtured plants, and our daughters will be like pillars carved to adorn a palace." And repeated for us women, look at what God says about your beauty, not society. But I felt like I was missing something, not quite sure I was supposed to value beauty like a pillar.

So today I did on study on it, looking up the verse in various translations on Biblegateway.com. Then I Googled the verse to see if anyone else had shared a study on the essence of this verse I was searching for.  Sure enough, I found it. And it was written by a father. It was so well written and fleshed out. It made me appreciate my own beauty and strength, and what it really means to God and should mean to me. I just had to save it here for 'one day', and figured, why not share :)

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...