Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Updates

So, update on our new house, the financing finally was completed today because it was waiting on an appraisal, for a few reasons got delayed, but Monday the appraisal was done and it was actually valued a few thousand more than we bid. Yeah! And, it's official, the house is definately ours. Double yeah!
Now it's packing time. We take possession August 16th and have to be out of our house on August 21st, so it gives us some leeway in moving in, which is always good. We were preparing for the worst case scenario before we bid on a house, that we could end up with two mortgages for awhile, or homeless, and didn't know which was worse but at least we were prepared.
The timing couldn't have worked out more perfect. I still can't believe we only saw 4 houses, and that the one we wanted most had it's bid deadline first, which ended the day before the financing was finalized for our purchaser. We even called him that night to see if he'd heard his financing was finalized, which it was and so we felt free to put on the offer. Little did we know he thought he actually had four more days, that his '25th' on the offer was actually the '29th'. If we had known that we probably wouldn't have even looked for houses as early as we did and we would never have known or bid on our dream house.
Just one more reminder we are in His hands.
As for my weight loss, I have been stagnate in that area for the last couple of weeks, due to the busyness of finalizing two house sales and also because of recent good weather and an abundance of BBQ's cropping up. This week I am back on track though and boy does my stomach think it's hungry! Of course, I tried to behave, and I did much better than I used to at BBQ's, so I'm actually shocked I didn't gain more weight when I wasn't as conscious of what I was eating (and not to mention, not exercising).
Then there is my HH challenge. I have been able to do a random act of giving every day so far and I still have a few ideas up my sleeve but I only have about half a month worth. I need to do some Googling or something. I have slipped up a little talking about plans for the new house but shut that conversation down pretty quickly after, realizing my booboo. I told him that the baby-making is on hold for now. And I think I've done a pretty good job of reading what he is needing lately and either trying to give that to him or help avoid things that are just not good timing. The two things I've struggled with a little is vocalizing why I love Sean, I'd like to be more verbal in that area, as well as implimenting what I'm learning about being the wife God wants me to be. Of course I only received my first really big insight last night and haven't really had an opportunity yet. Mostly I want to make sure this is becoming second nature and I'm definately not there yet, but catching myself right after the fact shows it's a mentality that is close to the surface and I'm getting somewhere.

2 comments:

tammi said...

Looks like you're doing quite well!

You know, I was just looking through my 'renovation/switcheroo' posts because I'm working on another post in that category for next week and just for the heck of it, I re-read the comments on my bathroom and lo and behold, you'd left one just last weekend! I might never have known!! (My upcoming post is just about cleaning up all the toys and rearranging the girls' room a little ~ nothing major. Well, a heck of a lot of work, but not much in the way of painting, redecorating, and such!)

I'm excited to see pictures of your new house and all the things you get to do with it!!

tammi said...

Du-uh, I never knew I could get Blogger to email me when someone had left a comment on my blog!! I've changed my settings now, so I won't miss any comments on old posts ever again ~ or have to scroll through them all every now and again to check! (yes, for real) Thanks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...