Sunday, July 20, 2008

how is it already July 20th???

So, after so much house busyness I wanted to do a lot of nothing before the busyness of packing and moving then began, and then I went on a short trip to Saskatoon for work, and before I know it almost 2 weeks have flown by! It is now 4 weeks until we move, ack! I really need to get my butt in gear packing, even if it's just a little each day. I really hate packing over a long period of time, I sometimes would just prefer being able to throw it all in boxes last minute, because you don't have to debate each item to see if you'll need it in the next few weeks. But the smarter thing is to pack a little at a time so I don't get so stressed later. I'm looking forward to the unpacking though : )
By the way, the big moving day is August 16th, so if anyone is free to help please let us know, we could use all the hands we can get! There will be free food at the end of the day (and depending how long it takes, in the middle of the day too). If you are there for free food or because you just like us, doesn't matter to us, lol.

2 comments:

tammi said...

I know, I can't believe we're in the second half of July already either. You know, the older you get, the faster and more busy the summer becomes. Sigh.

Good luck with your packing and moving. Man, I HATE moving. I'm with you ~ I'd rather just quickly pack everything a day or two ahead of time (so many things are like that anyway!), but you're right, it probably is smarter to do a little bit every day.

tammi said...

I couldn't find an email address for you anywhere, so I'm replying to your last comment on my blog here!!

Re: your statement, "I find myself snacking more, excusing it with 'it still is within my calorie goal', but deep down I think it's undermining my determiniation to lose more weight."

I love how you've worded that. It's EXACTLY what I find myself doing these last couple of weeks, too. Undermining my determination. I want to have a relaxed attitude about occasional "bad" days and really enjoy those treats, but I find I've been having a few too many of those lately. My relaxed attitude is helping me slip back into my old, bad habits.

I'd love it if you joined Live Well Wednesdays. I think you'd fit in so well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...