Thursday, March 27, 2008

"Things you want your kids to know" Thursday

I've been faced with the question, 'why do I want kids at all' since getting pregnant has become an issue and most people assume I want to experience the baby years, the funny-word-toddler years, and the cuddly-I'm-still-dependent years, which I do really look forward to, but mostly when I think of being a parent I think of all I've learned in life and that I feel the need to pass it on. I hope to help my children avoid the mistakes I made and that I've seen other people make. I saw a meme on this topic, "Things you want your kids to know" and I decided I'd like to use it, even though the fate of my children is still unknown to me. Which leads perfectly into my first entry for this meme.

The thing I first and foremost want my children to know is that God has a plan for them. "For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans for good and not for evil. Plans to give you a future and hope." Jeremiah 29:11. His timing is perfect, He knows when you are ready to handle the ups and downs of what life inevitably brings. Don't try to rush or control His plans, accept that He knows a billion times more than we know and He is doing what's best for you and the people in your life. Wait patiently for Him to show you when the timing is right, and trust His plans are perfect for you and the purpose He has for you in this life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...