Monday, March 24, 2008

Invasion of the body snatchers

Ok, something has invaded my brain, telling me I LIKE to exercise! Telling me I need to find MORE excuses to exercise! It's telling me I NEED to get sweaty, and when I do I LIKE it! I'm counting down the days till the wet, muddiness is gone and I can go for long walks. I am taking advantages of little pockets of free time to slip in some yoga moves, lifting a few weights, or dancing around the house. This is totally foreign to me! It's like I'm not myself, but I don't mind this 'body snatching', even if the snatching is only happening a few pounds and inches here and there. Lol.
I am more than a little surprised at the change in my will power, but pleasantly surprised of course. My little motivation tricks have partly done the trick, paying money for missed workouts (haven't had to pay once), earning money for exercising more (I've made almost $20), punishing extra snacks with more workout times, and refusing to weigh myself. This is about being healthy and creating a lifestyle, not just attaining a certain weight, because as soon as I hit that weight, I'll be done, so I'm going to wait until my first full month on my plan before I even step on the scale.
Anyway, just wanted to be my own cheerleader for a few seconds : )

1 comment:

Pamela said...

rah rah! Great job...I have actually had the same urges when I see people beginning to run in the neighbourhood.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...