Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What's on the Table Tuesday

Here are this week's 5 meals, one of each meat type, with some additional notes to add to what I've already mentioned in my meat breakdown:

Monday - Turkey
The pace slows down a little this week, a nice change! Today we're having turkey so we're not sick of it by Sunday when we have our first Thanksgiving dinner :) Decided to forgo my original plan for this turkey, which was to have it 'traditional style', the potatoes, the gravy, the veggies. Originally I didn't realize this week would match up with Thanksgiving! So instead, we had turkey melts on rye bread....with some bacon of course.

Tuesday - Chicken
Honey Glazed Chicken is a real favorite chicken recipe, the honey just makes it divine! And it's so simple. I already froze the chicken in the sauce, so all I have to do is cook and add a side.  I might try some honey-glazed carrots for the side.

Wednesday - Pork
For a change we're having our pork as Farmer Sausage (50% beef actually...trying to cut back on pork). I have an old family favorite recipe that usually calls for weiners but I am going to use sausage instead. We serve this over white rice and often a side of carrot sticks because we make the sauce really tangy, it neutralizes that a bit. This is another easy recipe....it must be easy, my mom made it all the time when she worked and was raising us :) We'll make it out the door in plenty of time.

Thursday - Seafood
Chicken & Shrimp Almond Guy Ding, which I already made a few weeks ago with chicken, now I'm making it with Shrimp....because I love this stirfry a lot! Stirfrys are so easy, and include almost all food groups. This time I'll be throwing in some fried shanghai noodles (the fat ones).
Friday - Beef
So, for our busy Friday, where we're going to be trying to leave even earlier now, as we've kindof lost our setup team, I'm re-heating Meatballs I already cooked and then froze, serving them over spagetti, then topped with tomato and mushroom sauce, and of course sprinkled with cheese. I really don't know how I would have managed these nights if I hadn't started freezing pre-cooked meat....McDonalds and I might be on a first name basis by now!
Here is the host blog of Titus 2sdays, a great place for house-wifery and godly woman(wife)hood!

1 comment:

Liz said...

That all sounds delish! Thanks for linking up to some great recipes. I'm excited to try a couple!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...