Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What's on the Table Tuesday

Here are this week's 5 meals, one of each meat type, with some additional notes to add to what I've already mentioned in my meat breakdown:

Monday - Turkey
After a busy weekend I'm glad I can just pull out some roast turkey drumsicks/thighs, heat those up, and make a quick salad for this Monday night dinner I had no time to prep for :) For the salad I'm going to make one of my favs, Sweet Summer Salad. I think will go well with turkey, and I have some feta to use up.

Tuesday - Pork
Sweet Apple Pork & Potato  is a delicious crockpot, one dish meal, which I'll make ahead on Tuesday and then just turn on the crockpot as I leave the house for work Tuesday morning. I cut back on the apples a little because it was a bit sweet for hubby's liking last time, but apples, sweet potato and pork are a fantastic combination. It doesn't hurt there's bacon, which is why hubby drew my attention to this recipe in the first place :)

Wednesday - Beef
Quick and easy this night, with some pre-formed hamburger patties, I'm just going to cook those along with some potato wedges and it's burgers and fries for us. Wednesday has now become one of our busy nights instead of Tuesdays, and not only will Sean be leaving for Church early in the evening, but I will be joining him to use the Church photocopier and supplies to print bulletins and handouts for my Friday night recovery service.

Thursday - Seafood
Smoked Gouda Tilapia Rolls  are on the menu for Thursday. The sauce used in this recipe is almost identical to that used by the roast I'm making on Tuesday, so I actually cheat, save the sauce from the crockpot after I've removed the roast, and then I just use it in this recipe instead of the broth & vodka :) Makes this gourmet-like dish 'fast food'. Gotta love that!  I think it will go well with the Sundried Tomato & Bacon Risotto

Friday - Chicken
Going to crockpot it again during the day with Barbecue Cola Chicken  so we have a quick, yummy meal ready for us when we get home and then I can quickly be off for a long and busy Friday night. I'll probably have just enough time to roast some veggies 'grilled' style  for a delicious and healthy side.

Here is the host blog of Titus 2sdays, a great place for house-wifery and godly woman(wife)hood!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...