Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pain

In the last 3 weeks I have added so many people's pain to my prayer list. I am pained by all the hurts around me, I hate to see the people I care for in turmoil....for any length of time. Some are dealing with years and years of pain. Others have painful decisions to make, torn between two options, neither of which feels like they are good. Others hadn't realized the depth of the pain until it spilled all over their life.

I've been in those places, I know how much it hurts.

I know how alone you can feel in that pain.

Like you are the only one.

Like no one could possibly understand.

Like everyone looks at you differently when they know.

Until you finally find a 'me too'. A weight gets lifted. And then another 'me too'. You begin to feel some comfort and hope. And the more 'me too's' you meet the more light is shed on the pain and you begin to find what you need to overcome it.

2 Corinthians 1:4 says "He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us."
This is exactly why I had to become involved with a group who aligns themself with this same belief. Where we can help people share so they can find their 'me too'. Where pain doesn't have to be hidden, struggles that are spoken can be broken. Where no perfect people are allowed, because that's called being in denial. Where no pain is too big or too small.  Where you can find hope and eventually peace.

It might break my heart a little to relive their pain, and my own, but it's worth it, because I just me be their 'me too.'

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...