Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

So I finally went to see Avatar this last weekend, it didn't take so long because I was reluctant, I wanted to see it SO bad in IMAX but it wasn't coming any time soon. It was as beautiful as I hoped it would be but I think waiting so long, and therefore hearing too much hype, made me expect something more magical. It was amazingly beautiful in an awe inspiring and unique way, but it's not something I would have given SO much praise to.
Have you heard there are actually people 'suffering' from depression because they don't live on Pandora? Seriously? You'd think if they were that appreciative of beauty they could see it all around.
For example.
Pandora
Earth
Pandora

Earth


For just a few more examples, take a look at these photos from my company that had a photo contest for it's 50th anniversary, of photos from sites our employees worked at. All over the world, our employees get to see our magnificent earth every day. These photos occasionally make me wish I wasn't sitting behind the desk all day. There is definitely no suffering from the Avatar Blues here!

1 comment:

tammi said...

I've discovered I'm incredibly anti-hype, so I won't likely be seeing it! Hadn't heard about the depression ~ only the 3-D motion sickness/hangover experience some are complaining about!!

The world around us is OVERFLOWING with examples of God's baffling creativity and eye for design perfection. And what's even more amazing is how when I'm walking in the early morning stillness, enjoying a breath-taking sunrise, the faint scent of fresh-cut hay on the breeze or icicles forming around my face, hearing birds quietly twittering their welcome to the dawn.... even though I know someone else ~ maybe even MANY someone else's ~ are enjoying exactly the same moment with the same sights and sounds, He still makes me feel like it was made JUST FOR ME.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...