Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fighting Highjackers and Waging War

I came across a blog while I was surfing blogland, just so happens the author is an old family friend, so I read this entry and knew immediately Satan is trying to hijack me.
Since my little 'freak out' a few weeks ago I have feared the post traumatic stress has come back. I used to have nightmares and panic attacks, and as we know the nightmares have returned, and now in the last few weeks I have had tiny little anxiety attacks and I have no idea why I'm panicking and stressing. My chest gets tight, I can't focus, but worst of all I don't know what's triggering it so my mind is going crazy trying to find the source of my anxiousness, to no avail, which just stresses me out more.
Thankfully, these aren't that often, they only last a few minutes and then they are forgotten. But I worry that they are building, and I'm getting eager for a chance to get help so that I can deal with them and they can be gone. My pending vacation will hopefully alleviate that a little, but I will eventually have to return to the 'real' world. But for the mean time, I'm very grateful I found the link to this blog because it reminded of 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 "For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." There was a wonderful comment on this blog, 'I am not what Satan tells me I am, I am what God tells me I am". In a way, it is my knowledge of God that is being hijacked, I'm believing I have a reason to be anxious and I have to demolish the arguments Satan is creating in me. God is telling me to not be anxious about anything. Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Well, I am a natural worryer, and I struggle with equipping myself with the truth. Maybe that's why I know I need help. 2 Cor. does say 'we' a lot, maybe it's not the royal 'we', maybe it means we need others to help us to wage this war. Continue to pray and petition with me, that I can make my thoughts obedient to Christ, and receive His peace, guarding my heard and mind.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I will be praying for you to find peace with all that you are struggling with. ((HUGS))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...