Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Black Friday

I'm usually the first person to see the glass half full, think positively, and all that jazz, even when wronged I forgive and forget very easily.  But lately I just can't snap out of this negative nelly stage I've been in, and even as things have been getting better I still take a turn to the dark side at the slightest frustration.  Yesterday I had my own Black Friday of sorts, despite more going right than it went wrong, I kept letting those little things get to me and the dark side won. 
Today I've decided I desperately need to add some whitener to this blackness I've been brewing in, so for every struggle I've been wanting to complain about I'm going to instead list the victories I've been blessed with, however small they may seem today, even one little ray of light seems bright when it shines into darkness.

Struggle                     Victory
~a friendship              ~several new friendships and friendships
                                    that have grown closer
~work                       ~I received a lot of thanks & recognition
                                    for my hard work this week, AND
                                    most of the extra work is now DONE!
~entrepreneurship      ~I've been able to have some great visits
                                   crafting in very small groups
~hubby's struggles      ~he initiated Church membership and
                                    wants to take the spiritual gifts course
                                    to learn where best to serve
~weight                     ~at least I've avoided the eggnog so far
~spend 'therapy'        ~'free' Christmas gift for Sean and I, a
                                    PS3 bought with airmiles!
~purpose                   ~if I quit busying myself looking for it
                                    maybe I'll actually notice when it
                                    appears

So good-bye Black Friday, I hope we don't see you again next year, or any year for that matter.

1 comment:

tammi said...

It's so easy to be self-absorbed because self is what we know most about and are most passionate about! But it is amazing how focusing on gratitude changes the perspective ~ good for you for making that move!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...