Thursday, November 11, 2010

Top Ten Thursdays

I'm trying to psyche myself up for winter, especially now that it's November, an official winter month in Winterpeg (no matter what the solstice says).  I don't like being cold, layering clothes, heavy coats and boots and socks, sitting in cold vehicles waiting for both of us to warm-up, I could go on, but that would defeat the purpose of this post :)  Here are my top ten reasons I actually do love winter (in doses :)

1. Gingerbread and Eggnog lattes from Starbucks, yum!
2. Whatever it is in the cold air that makes sunrises and sunsets more amazingly breathtaking than any other time of year.

3. Hoarfrost, self explanatory
4. My new crocheted toque, handmade by my talented sister Tami, who is selling them by the way, hint hint ;) This isn't mine, this is hers, but it will be like this, only brown.

 5. Christmas parties with friends and co-workers

6. Hopefully getting in a photoshoot in some freshly fallen snow, underneath some picturesque crystallized snow, painted on some overhanging branches.

7. Making pretty Christmas cards and hanging pretty Christmas decorations
8. Christmas carols, fa lalala la


9. My office practically shuts down for a week over the holidays, another reason I love my job.


10. Christmas gatherings with familyOk, so apparently Christmas is one of the only reasons I can get through our long winters, but it is my fav holiday for a reason!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I treated myself to a gingerbread iced frap for report card day yesterday! Yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...