Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Making peace with gravity


Some people don't believe in God because creation is just a theory, there isn't enough proof. Granted, the opposing view is also called a theory, theory of evolution (macro that is), and it actually has more holes in it's theory. But I digress, I just find it interesting how people will pick and choose theories based on their own limited experience with the evidence.

What if I decided to stop believing in the theory of relativity (gravity). What if I decide this so called theory could fall apart any day, so I start spending money on a space suit, preparing my body for weightlessness, fastening all my belongings so they don't float away? The world would look at me like I am a nut case, and if it weren't illegal to commit someone against their will, if they aren't violent, I'd bet there would be more than a few people signing a petition to lock me up.

So how is it that it's completely normal, socially acceptable, and even expected that people should dismiss a theory that holds more water than all other opposing views? It really baffles me. Like my husband says, if evolution (macro) was real, the people who believe the flawed theory would have already been eliminated by natural selection.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...