Saturday, April 18, 2009

I was Boneman's Daughter

I came across this and wept.

As I was reading my favorite author's blog I found his story about why he wrote his latest book Boneman's Daughter, how it was a personal story of his own daughter, and I wept over the father's perspective of losing his daughter to the Boneman. I was Boneman's daughter for a time being and although my dad didn't know it until long after, I know there was definately a weeping room in my parent's house while I was with him. It's been about just over 2 years since I confessed to my family about my time with the Boneman, and I know it is a distant pain, they've told me so, but I can't help but feel my heart rip in two at the thought of what I put them through over 13 years ago when I became Boneman's daughter.

I will weep when I read this book, I'm sure, but I want to read it even more because of that.

2 comments:

tammi said...

I had to go over and read it. What a powerful story ~ just the retelling of his experience. I can't even imagine how incredible the book must be. For years, I haven't really been a Dekker fan, but I'm comin' around! ;)

~L~ said...

I love every book I've read of his, no matter what genre, thriller, fantasy, love, suspense, I think he does them all well. The fantasy he does as well as C.S. Lewis I think. He's a very enrapturing story teller. Bonemaker's Daughters is actually being released on his website as an online book, chapter by chapter if you want to get a taste of it, it's in the "Underground" section.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...