Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Music and Cats

I have posted these songs before, just about exactly 2 years ago, coming out of a spiritual winter. I'm needing these reminders again, turning up the heat before I get that cold again.

Apparently, "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” Albert Schweitzer. My kitties have been of great comfort, and these are the songs giving me refuge and hope right now.

Anyway by Martina McBride and Desert Song by Hillsong. Here are some of they lyrics that meant the most to me, interwoven as I feel their messages ovelapped.

God is great, but sometimes life ain't good 
When I pray it doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway

This is my prayer in the desert
When all that's within me feels dry

This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides

This is my prayer in the fire
And weakness or trial or pain
There is faith proved of more worth than gold
So refine me lord through the flames

You can chase a dream that seems so out of reach
And you know it might not ever come your way
Dream it anyway

This world's gone crazy and it's hard to believe
That tomorrow will be better than today
Believe it anyway

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

You can pour your soul out singing a song you believe in
That tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang
Sing it anyway

I will bring praise, I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice, I will declare
God is my victory and he is here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...