Friday, July 10, 2009

Helping Hearts

So, I've been very excited for my sister and her husband's (Tami & Kellin's) adoption from Ethiopia, and to quell my own impatience I've been trying to do what I can to help their fundraising. I got very excited about all their fundraising ideas but especially the t-shirt fundraiser. When I heard that a custom design could be done I searched for ideas and decided to design my own since none really captured how I was feeling.
It such a matter of the heart, Tami & Kellin's hearts reaching out all the way across a huge ocean and already loving, so deeply, two little hearts in Ethiopia that not only expand their family but they get to help better these children's lives. And my heart is right in there, along with our family's, our hearts' wanting to help in every way we can.
So I did my own creating and I ended up with this design:

I gave it to Tami & Kellin for them to use on t-shirts a few months ago and the t-shirts are finally done and have arrived to my hot little hands! It's such a great expression of our hope and excitement, and a way to increase awareness of international adoption. Tami and I have already been wearing ours and have had quite a few chances to have a conversation about their situation. This is what the pink one looks like:

There is also a t-shirt in black with the same white and red logo. If you are interested in supporting Tami & Kellin's adoption through the purchase of a t-shirt, there is a minimum donation of $25 per shirt, which you can purchase through me or through her blog
expecting-childrenfromethiopia.blogspot.com
Thanks for your helping heart!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...