Friday, May 15, 2009

Shelter from the Storm

Shelter from the storm is a organization that helps women who are/have been abused and lately they have had some fundraising events in Winnipeg, a radio-thon, merchandise at Winners (and some other stores), testimonies, etc. and of course it made me think I need to do more for this cause. Especially, since I've been getting more readers on my other blog, who really bless me with their comments, sharing their own stories and sharing how my blog helps them . I wanted to do my part, so I bought this shirt for me and a friend who has gone through a lot of the same stuff I have.

I also wanted to post a badge from their website, so feel free to follow this link.

And, in the spirit of all the sharing on the subject, I thought I'd share a poem I wrote about my own experience.

Unkissed
With lips dripping poison I’ve been kissed
Hints hidden in humor were not missed
I alone could prevent a threatened tryst
If only I could fulfill your wishes

Not up to par, my logic dismissed
Boyfriend knows best, or so you’d insist
My defense just made you more pissed
My every motive you would twist

Pummeled with words not your fists
You broke my spirit not my wrists
You drew tears, not blood, so you’d persist
Objections fade to whispers as you resist

1 comment:

Just Be Real said...

Great organization. Thank you for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...