Sunday, March 1, 2009

Playing catch up

So, other than delving into the depths of my search for purpose, what else have I been up to recently? I figured it's about time for some more not so serious posts, so here's the goings on in my life recently.
February has been a very busy month! During the week, work has been crazy because we moved locations yesterday, so on top of my normally busy workload I was also part of the committee handling the move, getting a new sign, new alarm, new furniture, new blinds, arranging set up of utilities, change of address on all company stationary, correspondence, notifiying clients and suppliers, dealing with old tenants of new place and new tenants of old place....*breath* it's been a lot of work! And I only had part of the work load of moving : )
It's going to be great, I can't wait to have a real office finally, and our new building is going to look amazing! I say going to because contractors, as usual, don't have everything done on time but it should all be done in 2 weeks.
And then my weekends have also been on the busy side. The first weekend in February I babysat my nephew from Friday to Saturday, yes my FIRST overnighter with a baby! Ack! He was actually very easy on me, he slept from 9 pm until 6:30 am and I think the only reason he woke up is because I accidently made the floor creak as I checked to make sure he was still breathing! I was terrified because I thought it was impossible for a baby to sleep that long!! Seriously, babies need to snore, otherwise they are too quiet and that is the most terrifying thing ever! I've included some photos from our weekend together at the bottom of this blog.
Then, the next weekend was our family weekend at a hotel, which I've already blogged about.
The weekend after that we decided we needed a weekend of just being at home and taking care of things that needed to get done around the house because the next weekend (which is this weekend) is our anniversary, and we have special plans that would keep us busy and out of the house.
Other things that kept me busy this month, a girl's night out with my friend Crystal, a much needed massage and dinner at Joey's. And I was finally able to return to my monthly girl's night out making Stampin' Up greeting cards the last monday of the month, boy had I missed that (haven't been since November). What else...oh yeah, Sean and I are contemplating getting a puppy. We've wanted one forever, now we have a fenced back yard that will make it easier, and we're narrowing it down to a breed. We think we've found one but we want to make sure we do it just right, that we're not doing anything on impulse and then the puppy suffers for it later. Weight loss is somewhat a secondary thought these days, I haven't had my traditional exercise in the last few weeks but I have been very active with other things. And I haven't been eating the best but I have still tried to be healthy in my choices, and I haven't gained or lost a single pound, so that's not all that bad for lack of effort. Oh, and I think I'm just about ready to get my next tattoo!! Yay! I have the design, I just need to have the consult with the tattoo artist (I'm going to try to use the same one I did last time) and then actually get it done. First I want to get my hair done because I want a hairstyle that's easier to keep off my neck, because that's where I'm getting it done. Anyone want to join me : )




Awwww....my cutie patootie!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Life is busy, eh? Thanks for the update!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...