Thursday, November 20, 2008

Delayed Living Well - Ain't that the truth

Here I am, not on a Wednesday, trying to fit in some 'living well', which is just too fitting because I took a vacation from dieting as well last week (but not exercise) and now I'm trying to get back on task and focus because I want to fit into a cute dress for Christmas. Just that added bit of motivation to get me going again.
I wasn't that horrendous on my diet, only 3 times did I eat 'fast' food, but I did indulge in a lot of chips and sugar. So, I'm thinking of doing a bit of a detox for a week, no meat and no gluten products, cleanse myself of the foods that clog the arteries, get rid of some toxins, adding in some anti-oxidents and such (yum, blueberries!), so I'm looking for some vegetarian recipes that are so good you don't care there isn't any meat in them. I have already created a wonderful vegi lasagna (I know, that's an easy one, everything tastes good smothered in tomato sauce and cheese) with all vegis, tested it out, and even my hubby loved it. If anyone knows of some tried and true recipes they'd recommend, feel free to share, I'm very gung ho about this detox idea, and the recipes I've collected so far make it tempting to do a week of this once a month. We'll see how it goes.

As for weight, I did have to face the music, I had gained 3 lbs from my diet vacation, on top of the stress 4 lbs I gained the few weeks before, I'm now only at 20 lbs lost in total. I was SOOOO close to that 30 lb mark, but I will get there, and soon! I can do it! : )

Oh, and since it's no longer at Live Well Wednesdays, I changed the link at the top.

1 comment:

tammi said...

I've always been tempted to try a meatless week as well, but so far, it's never amounted to more than one supper here and there. When hubby's gone it definitely happens more.

Did you know that LWW is no more? Darlene quit at the end of October. BUT, good news ~ Joan (More God = Less Me) is picking up where she left off under the name "Anchor Friday." Go check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...