Wednesday, December 3, 2008

December ought to come with a pause button

I can't believe it's almost Christmas! Wasn't it just Dec. 1st, heck, wasn't it just mid-November?!? I know, the busyness makes time fly, and I'm very much looking forward to the gatherings, and I just keep trying to remind myself to enjoy the moments and ignore the chaos that can occur. Not needing to be in malls has really helped that. As usual, in our families, the only actual gifts we have to buy are for kids and the 3 people in Sean's family, plus a few good friends here and there. Only 4 more gifts to buy, and one has asked for a gift card, so we're in pretty good shape. I love focusing on being together rather than gifts, not just because it means avoiding malls, but that plays a part as well, because we're not wasting time on chaos that really doesn't have much to do with Christ's birthday at all.
As much as I'm trying to soak up the season, it seems I have absolutely no time to just savor the moments as they are flying by these days. I forgot to take photos of my big baking day in Steinbach, the munchkins were around and so there were many moments I didn't get to capture. Then I forgot to bring it to Celebrations for our friend Ernie's birthday celebration (that his lovely wife Kristie planned), Corner Gassed was hilarious, and he was up there participating a couple of times, many kodak moments. Then I went to Calgary for a day of Golder training, didn't take photos of their new, beautiful office (has an amazing view of downtown with the mountains in the background) and I didn't take photos of my reunion with my babysitter Lori Klassen there either. It's been almost 22 years since we saw each other in Edmonton, and even though we've chatted on Facebook it was really great to meet her in person again. Yet no photos to remember it by!
I did take my annual photo of my sister Jodi's family though, so lots of great photos from that session. Those kidlings are such characters : ) That makes me feel slightly better.
But yeah, I know I've been mentioning lots of things (ornaments, craftrooms, family) that I should be posting photos of, and I won't make any promises, but here's hoping I can get them up by January : )

2 comments:

tammi said...

I know. This month is just FLYING. I can't believe we're under two weeks away from Christmas! I agree ~ a pause button would be nice. Or at least a rewind button, so we could go back and relive the great moments. Hopefully with our cameras the second time 'round!! ;)

Pamela said...

I agree! I could use a pause button too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...