Monday, November 17, 2008

Stay-cation

For the last 9 days we've been on our vacation, or stay-cation because we just stayed at home and did as little of anything resembling work as possible. The goal was to rest up and get relaxed. I took a vacation from the computer, cooking, and cleaning (for the most part) as well, and it has been very nice! I'm surprised I managed to stay away from Facebook and blogging as much as I did, but it was a much needed break because I'm already at a computer all day at work, my back and neck really needed this.

I got mostly caught up on setting up my craft room, I just now have to put everything in it's place. Same with the guest room. I'll have pics once it's all done. We got our first Christmas tree too! Yes, this is our 5th Christmas living together and we still have never had a tree, so I'm very excited to have my tree in all it's splendor. I attempted to start a tradition the first year we were married, to make an ornament every Christmas of our marriage, but having no tree kinda put that on the back burner, but this year I am back at it, I'll post the pictures once I'm done, I have 3 more to make.

It was nice not to have to cook, but Sean and I did a bit of non-work cooking. I don't know if I've ever mentioned Sean's cooking here before, but he's a bit of a lazy cooker, he'd fry up meat, cook rice or noodles, then mix them all together with a cream of something soup. So I just told him he doesn't have to bother cooking anymore. Well just recently he gave some input into a dish, together we improvised and created a really nice casserole. Then, while having soup on our date this week, he again decided to start verbally creating a stew, and again, after some collaborating, we created a very yummy stew. This kind of cooking I love, creating something delicious, and together, that made it even better. I posted our recipes in a cookbook on recipezaar, and I hope we will continue to keep adding more.

It's been a great week and a half, and I'm very glad we decided to do a stay-cation this time, it's been the best one yet.

2 comments:

tammi said...

Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing and refreshing time. I'm looking forward to those pictures!!

Pamela said...

stay-cations are wonderful! Glad you were still able to enjoy your time together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...