Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Living Well Wednesday - Successes



While evaluating recent set backs (I won't call them failures, especially since I didn't gain weight ; ) I have been going back to my initial thoughts when first starting this, that it has to be about balance. I have to make this work for the long run because I will not be able to 'diet' and workout like crazy forever. There will be weeks when I have a food related gatherings almost every day. There will be weeks when I'm sick and can't exert myself as much exercising. There will always be something I can let trip me up. So it's about giving myself healthy options, making better choices, and creating healthy habits. Then take it one day at a time, do the best I can while still enjoying life. Which means, I may not hit 100% of my goals every day, every week, which is a little hard for a perfectionist to handle, but this isn't about getting the grade, it's about life, a balanced, healthy and enjoyable life.
So, with that being said, I feel like this was a really successful week!
1. 115 minutes of exercise/activity - about 75% of goal
2. Stayed in daily range of 1200-1400 calories (thanks to discovering 'skinny' latte's at Starbucks)
3. Increase fruit and veggies - about 75% of goal, 3 out of 4 snacks were or included veggies and fruit. Prepared some easy to add veggies for supper options. Still need to find a good banana smoothie recipe for breakfast, but practice will make perfect...yummy practice.
4. Drink 2-3 litres daily - around the 2 litre mark lately
5. Start reading the Bible again and praying more about struggles - I read Philippians during the week, and now I'm working on Ezekiel. Been much better at praying as the thought pops in my head, rather than say 'I'll pray about that tonight during my prayer time', which usually doesn't happen.
6. And all that resulted in 3 lbs lost!!! Whoooohooo! I'm a very happy girl this week : ) That brings me to 25 lbs lost in total. And boy do I see a difference lately. I am in need of buying new clothes pronto!
Thanks to everyone who cheers me on, and most of all, praise God, "I can do everything through him who gives me strength".

4 comments:

tammi said...

You've had an awesome and successful week, it sounds like! Congratulations!!!

I think you've got this figured out ~ it's true, there will always be days, situations, and circumstances not conducive to dieting or exercising. And goodness knows, there's a LOT of them!! But the important thing is striving to make those days the exception to the rule and working at forming good habits that will carry you through those days and weeks.

Great job, Lori!!

Joanie said...

Way to go!

What you've shared this week is the realization that I've been learning too. I started out by spending 2 hours each day working out with Wii Fit and then realizing I'm not having much time in the day to accomplish other important tasks... Balance ~ good healthy balance with food, exercise, Bible reading and prayer (and all the other parts of my life)!

Thanks for confirming how the Lord has been nudging me this past week...

I 'll look forward to reading next's week report! :)

Juliet Fieldew said...

Hi Lori, WELL DONE!!!! That is a great week, so keep it up!!!
And by the way, thanks for visiting my blog!!!
Will continue to look you up!
Blessings,
Juliet.

Joan said...

Lori-
That's so great. New clothes, new you!

We are rejoicing with you!
Peace and Love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...