Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Good, The Bad, and The Good!

Good.
I started off 2014 with far fewer goals than in years past.

Bad. 
I didn't 100% accomplish any of them.

Good.
I'm totally ok with that :)


Good.
One of my goals was to improve photography creative skills with my phone camera.

Bad. 
It lasted all of 4 months.

Good.
I ended up taking way more Instagram photos than last year, including way more selfies which is not easy for me. Check them out at @Loriala77


Good.
One of my goals was to eat healthier, especially cutting out all my luxury food, baked desserts, chips, and drinking anything but water.

Bad.
I cheated all but one month, and threw a few months of healthy eating out the window all together.

Good.
Last 4 months have been back on track, with new tools and resolve, and intend on continuing a highly reduced luxury food lifestyle. Also, will be donating $275 from my luxury forfeit project to donate to a clean water charity.


Good. 
Goal to honor Sean, and start including 'undates' for more quality time together.

Bad.
My week of blessing Sean around his birthday was interrupted by a wedding, only managed 4 days. And the intentionality of undates AND dates stopped, because I got too caught up in expecting what I wanted from them, not treating them like a time of connection.

Good.
When I stopped trying to plan dates altogether, Sean surprised me by picking up the ball and taking ownership for initiating both dates and undates the rest of the year!


Good.
Plan for continued minimization, trying to declutter life and especially my home.

Bad.
In a whole year, still haven't completely emptied and got rid of the craft room I no longer use. Also didn't shop as much at thrift stores as I'd have liked to.

Good. 
I have sold about 80% of my craft supplies, and made a plan for a new, small, creating nook upstairs, and whatever cannot fit into that from the old craft room will be donated somewhere. I did one month wearing one article of clothing again, this time a sweater, and absolutely no clothing purchases that month.


Good.
God planted new purposes in me over the last few months of 2013 and laid one in front of me Jan 2014, leading a support group for infertility.

Bad.
3 women showed up, once each, one looking to help the ministry, not for support. Group cancelled.

Good.
God directed me to school to start my journey towards becoming a counsellor! He also laid on my heart to create and lead a study for young women, transitioning into adulthood and spiritual maturity. And just in the last week He opened a door to co-lead a support group for women where the leader is a professional therapist and I can learn sooooo much from her!


Good.
I don't think I recorded this as a goal, but creativity is always on my heart and I'm always looking for ways to work out my inspirations in art.

Bad.
Photography was not the end result of this endeavor this year as I had hoped.

Good.
I started collage painting again, even putting them up for sale! I also ended the year picking up sketching and water painting again, thanks to a convo with my sis Tami. Haven't done either in 16 years but love it! Here is my second sketch in as many weeks.


Good.
Began the year on a fertility drug I hoped would finally be the answer.

Bad.
It was not and reaked havoc on my body. Also, felt God asking me to release every form of control in trying for a baby. None of it has worked in almost 9 years, I should place every bit of it in His hands.

Good.
For the most part, the 4 months I have stopped tracking of any kind have been the most peace filled months of trying I have had yet (not including the last 2 weeks of December :( ).


Good.
I began the year determined to fight for my hope and my faith.

Bad.
I was indeed actually fighting a battle for this all year long. Felt like a failure at getting closer to God most of the year.

Good.
I realized I had to fight for my faith first, not my hope. Time with Jesus, like Jesus dates, and devotionals, and Bible studies, and becoming a more intentional disciple are my top priorities this coming year!


All in all, I may not have accomplished my goals set out for 2014 but accomplished much more actually.

'The human heart plans it's course, but the Lord determines our steps.' Proverbs 16:9.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...