Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wellness Wednesday

I have known for eons (ok, not really eons, but as long as I've been 'diet' conscious) that being overweight has just as much to do with the mind as the body. Yet, I've done very little to apply that knowledge to my own struggle. Not sure why, that's a 'dive deep' discussion for another time I suppose, but I have finally started to dive deep into the intellectual/spiritual reasons I cannot seem to maintain a healthy weight. It started a few years ago but more deeply with Recovery in the last year, then it progressed along side Recovery with some books I've been reading and now a website I was recommended (thanks Lori!).

I've had a few ah ha moments over the last while that have been especially related to the brain, that this is truly a battle of the mind. And I have had yet another big one, and guess what, it all follows the same principle, what I think about and believe in becomes my reality!
"Metabolism is the sum total of all the chemical reactions in the body....mind influences chemistry...so actually Metabolism is the sum total of all the chemical reactions in the body, PLUS the sum total of all our thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and experiences!" (Psychology of Eating
I have always believed I was a slave to my 'bad' metabolism, even when I worked out a lot, but the battle isn't in my genes, it is in my mind and soul!

WOW!
That's all I can say right now, wow!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...