Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Blogger vs Facebook

Maybe it's just because it's a smaller circle that follows me here on Blogger, maybe it's because you've all followed me through my struggles, you know about my pain, maybe it's because Blogger communities seem more intimate, almost family like, and feelings put out there are usually embraced and supported.

Maybe it's because Facebook you feel obliged to accept 'friendship' with people who you know, and even like, but don't really share life with. Maybe it's because Facebook seems to unofficially invite those non-life-sharers to bluntly and thoughtlessly grace you with their uninformed opinions. Maybe it's because Facebook is literally the 'world wide web', it's a 'small world' and placing feelings out there is like renting a billboard.

I love FB for many reasons but today Blogger wins. Today that means posting this and I won't have to explain why, I won't have to see (or even get) insensitive comments. I can just vent here. I can just 'be' here.

2 comments:

tammi said...

I read your FB status just a few minutes ago and I'll admit, you have me curious, but I completely get what you're saying. I don't get that feeling of "community" on FB that I do on Blogger.

~L~ said...

the FB status isn't why I'm sad, but I'm a little miffed that I feel I can't just say what I want on FB BECAUSE of the people who feel they have to educate me with every comment they leave me.
Sadness is relating to baby blog stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...