Friday, May 2, 2008

This And That

Just a few updates on recent things in my life.

First, renovations are almost all done inside the house. John and Jodi came over for the last two Saturdays to finish those off for us and we are so happy with the results, and so grateful to them for helping us out! I can check off a bunch of things off my to do list now! All that's left is a bit of touch up items inside and hopefully a paint job outside, which we're getting a quote on soon. Then, time to put her up for sale! Oh, and I'm part of a block garage sale next weekend, swing by on Saturday the 10th if you have a chance.

I've finally been able to spend more time with my nieces again lately and even got to go swimming with Brooklynn and Jodi last Saturday while the guys were finishing up the house. Here is my favorite picture of her swimming.

Yes, I was IN the pool taking pictures. I got a new waterproof camera! We needed something smaller to take to events I didn't want to lug my huge camera to, so when I was looking for something small I came across the Pentax Optio W30, which we use at work. When I found out it was waterproof I immediately wanted it for swimming with my nieces. They love the water and have such cute expressions while splashing around. It was well worth paying a little more!

My working out and eating healthy are still going well, I have lost 5 lbs since April 1st and 9 lbs in total, as well as 2.5 inches on my torso. YAY! I'm still loving they gym, as well as finding other activities, like swimming, or going for walks. Pam and I are going to start walking Monday, which I'm really excited for! Too bad the sun sets at like 8:45 pm, can't wait until we have more day light in the evenings.

The job is still going very well. Last Wednesday, the 30th, was Administrative Professionals Day and I was pleasantly surprised to be treated with flowers, hot chocolate, a gift card, many 'appreciation' emails and lunch! I feel very appreciated, and I count my blessing I found Golder as an employer.

Well, that's about it for now. I'll keep you to date on the status of our house!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

very cool...water proof camera!!!
COngrats on your renovations almost being done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...