Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Decisions, decisions...

Well, Sean and I did some soul searching recently about the baby issue, and have come to a decision not to continue the two drugs I was taking to 'regulate' my body. Basically they were tricking my body into thinking it was a healthy weight, enough to ovulate normally and since I am working towards losing weight anyway, we felt it unnecessary to be buying drugs for the next few months (until I'm a healthy weight), especially since my stomach is already sensitive and we couldn't tell if my recent feeling ill was aggrevated by the pills. Also, we would never know when my body was healthy enough to ovulate normally if I was on those regulators. I was in a rush to think the pills would be a quick fix and we didn't immediately take the time to hash out all the angles, so now that we have that is our decision.

Another decision we made recently was to paint the outside of our house, which is being done as I write this! I can't wait to go home and see it! It will be the same coloring as our garage. Everyone says it will add a lot of value to our home, so we figured it was worth the cost. If everything keeps falling into place so easily it's possible our house will be on the market by June.

Lastly, we have been wrestling with a decision to find another home for Cody. On top of my allergies to him, his destructiveness is increasing, his meowing at our bedroom door at all hours of the night is increasing, and he's getting increasingly skittish. This morning, for no reason, he just freaked out, flying out of Sean's arms, claws going everywhere. This isn't the first time he's shredded skin in such an episode, but each time it seems there was less and less reason for him to get scared. I'm terrified what might happen if Brooklynn and Avery are over and they accidently startle him and end up seriously hurt. Or eventually our own children. Cat's are supposed to mellow out with age, and he's already 2 1/2, but he just seems to be getting more high strung. Some things he does have been chalked up to him wanting attention, and so with a family who can give more attention he might not act the same, but I don't know about the skittishness. De-clawing him was considered, but only front claws are supposed to be removed, and he does just as much damage with his back claws. I'm wondering if he's just meant to be an outdoor cat, where he can be as noisy and destructive as he wants. It's a tough decision, and we've been wrestling with it for at least 6 months. This morning's episode sent Sean over the roof, we may be making a definitive decision tonight.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers as you contemplate your decisions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...